Sunday, January 16, 2011

//68/ Dress: The Chloé-Céline Movement





Publication: Vogue Australia
Issue: January 2011
Photography: Adrian Mesko
Styling: Meg Gray
Model: Alys Hale



//As much as I love the work Phoebe Philo has done for Céline and the sleek, mature, clean-cut direction that many fashion-houses have taken, I feel that it is getting slightly tedious. A stark contrast inevitably awaits us. I suspect it will come as shocking colours, mismatched pattern and a general movement away from what has become almost dull and predictable.

//Having said that, I do not necessarily support a change. I appreciate that fashion has become relatively subtle and understated and in this editorial, particularly, the strength of simple and clean becomes very apparent. The clothing-mostly Chloé, Louis Vuitton and Prada-is fantastic, though I don't find the model all that beautiful...

//Peroxide Blonde

2 comments:

  1. I like what you said about change inevitably awaiting us. I believe it too.

    http://cirquedufacon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this blog :) come enter our ELLE Magazine subscription giveaway!!

    www.lovelywanderlust.com

    ReplyDelete